The Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) is a gateway to graduate education at Michigan State University (MSU). The goal of the program is to increase the number of domestic undergraduate students who pursue graduate study and careers in teaching and research at colleges and universities. MSU SROP helps prepare undergraduate students for graduate study through intensive research experiences with faculty mentors and academic enrichment activities.
MSU SROP helps undergraduate students gain research experience to give them a competitive advantage as a graduate applicant by:
- Intense research activities that broaden technical and presentation skills
- Professional development activities
- Seminars that introduce students to a range of research fields across discipline
- Informal gatherings for student and faculty exchange
- Multiple opportunities to present research
MSU SROP typically convenes the third weekend of May and ends the last weekend of July.
For additional program information, please see our SROP brochure.